November 29, 2012
As I have mentioned here, I have really tried to step up my make-up game this past year. While I have built up a pretty good collection for my standard morning routine at home, I didn't have much to offer in the "touch-up" department. Since my job often entails post-work events, I realized it was pretty necessary that I have small makeup bag on hand at all times. After many trips to Sephora and some testing of co-workers' and friends products', I have found that the pictured items work best for me. As you will see in the description below, none of these products require a brush, which means I can easily apply them no matter where I am (i.e. standing on the subway)!
1. Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter - works great to show off cheek bones or highlight around the brow bone. Also has a sponge on the end for blending!
2. Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick - While I don't actually wear foundation, this stick is perfect for freshening up under eye makeup and covering any blemishes
3. Nars The Multiple (in Maui) - Cream blush in stick form that I like to dot on apples of my cheeks. Can also be used as an eyeshadow depending on the shade.
4. Sephora Ultra Shine Lip Gloss (in Rose Petal) - gives a hint of color and tons of gloss for any shade of lips
5. CoverGirl Last Blast Length Mascara - Doesn't flake off and is light enough to apply multiple times a day